Seven Ways to Boost Your Immune System
By Heather Dubina
With the recent covid-19 virus and the subsequent stay at home orders across the country, you might be wanting to boost your immune system as you start to get back to your normal activities, including playing table tennis!
1. Get plenty of rest- resting helps your body fight off infections and helps your daily performance. Sleeping for 6-8 hours replenishes and strengthens your physical body and helps you think clearly.
2. Drink plenty of water- drinking 6-8 glasses of water each day helps you to stay hydrated and flushes out toxins in your body. If you're working out or playing table tennis, make sure you drink extra in addition to the normal 6-8
3. Eat whole foods, like fresh fruits and vegetables- eating fresh fruit instead of drinking fruit juice is very beneficial because you get the fiber from the fruit and the sugar content is less than in juice. Berries are high in antioxidants. Eating vegetables that are deep in color (dark green and purple) helps you get the proper vitamins and minerals you need to help you fight diseases. Eating whole foods gives you the antioxidants, fiber and Vitamin C you need to help fight off illness. Including healthy fats (fish, chia seeds, omega 3's, olive oil) in your diet can also help you ward off inflammation which breaks down your immune system. And after playing table tennis, make sure you fuel up with a healthy snack instead of a high carb/high fat snack.
4. Limit your sugar intake. Did you know that sugar breaks down your immune system? Instead of grabbing a candy bar for that mid-afternoon crash, try eating a handful of almonds, an apple, drinking some water, going outside for a few breaths of fresh air. Try to avoid eating dessert- make it a special once a week treat instead of a daily occurrence! A diet with a high sugar intake can lead to obesity, type 2 diabetes and heart disease which all make you weaker and can suppress your immune system.
5. Exercise- take a walk, go for a jog, do an indoor exercise routine to get your heart rate up, a sweat going, the blood flowing! Playing table tennis is a great way to get your heart rate up, your body moving and to help your mind stay active and sharp. And it's fun!
6. Lower your stress- lowering your stress by exercising (playing table tennis), meditation, journaling, gardening or praying can help keep your immune system functioning properly.
7. Supplement- you can boost your immune system by taking supplements which can help with your overall health. We don't get all the nutrients we need from the food we eat, so supplementing with vitamins, minerals and probiotics can help you lead a healthy and active life.
Ohio Mega Camps (August 2020)
Training Camp - Registration Form
Training Camp – Updated Safely Information
Training Camp – Hotel & Transportation
Training Camp - Videos
Training Camp - Testimonials
Training Camp - Coaching & Training Partners
Training Camp - Player Listing (August 3-7)
Training Camp - Player Listing (August 10-14)
Training Camp - Player Listing (August 17-21)
We are limiting the group size - register NOW to reserve your spot!
To register, you can choose 1 of the following options. It is your choice:
1. Call Samson 330-949-923 and pay over the phone.
2. Send a paypal payment to tt@SamsonDubina.com
3. Register online at www.omnipong.com
4. Drop off a check at the SDTTA
5. Mail a check to: Samson Dubina TT Academy 2262 South Arlington Rd Akron, Ohio 44319
Hear From Samson's Wife