There are some short-cuts that you can do for a quick improvement in your game right now, some elements that you can improve this year, then some aspects that take 5-10 years to fully develop. In this article, I’m going to talk about mid-range improvements that you can make during the next 12 months.
1. Please sign-in and pay before playing.
2. This Academy is for the use of registered guests only.
3. Parents must sign-in and sign-out their kids at the check-in desk.
4. Non-marking indoor shoes must be worn.
5. No Horse-play.
6. Minors under 8 years old must be accompanied by a parent while in the SDTTA facility.
7. Minors under 16 years old must be accompanied by a parent for the workout room.
8. No Alcoholic Beverages.
9. No Smoking in building or on premises.
After not playing for a few weeks, you might feel a bit sluggish or out-of-sync with your game. In this article, I want to explain why and give a few helpful tips that you can use to quickly restore and build your playing-level! When you don’t play at all, these are the first three things that you usually lose… timing, footwork, and serve return.
Breathing both BETWEEN points and DURING the point is a very important, and often neglected, aspect of the game! Players who have learned to properly exhale at contact improve their timing, power, mental focus, and endurance.
So how do you test it?
Just warmup forehand to forehand. Is it natural for you to exhale with each hit? If it feels unnatural, you probably haven’t been doing it! Now play some points, ask a spectator to stand close and listen for the exhale and watch your chest.
What is the main difference between ping pong and table tennis?
The main difference is the amount of spin produced. With the right strokes and modern equipment, an elite table tennis player can produce 8000 rpms. With a purple ping pong paddle from Wal-Mart, your Uncle Bill probably can’t produce any spin.
We are overjoyed to announce the NEW Samson Dubina Table Tennis Academy will be the first official Nittaku Academy in the US!
· 15,000 Sq Ft Facility
· 800 LUX Lighting
· 20 Brand New Nittaku Tables
· Brand New Nittaku Barriers
· Gerflor Rubberized Flooring on All Courts
· Spacious Court Sizes
· Nittaku Pro Shop / Snack Bar
· Newgy Robot Training Available
· Workout Zone for Players and Parents
· Amazing Seating
· Parent’s Lounge
· FREE High Speed WIFI